There was a little bit of jumping around to figure this all of, so I figured I’d put it all in one place here
Installing Ruby 1.9
- Download and Unpackage Ruby from http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/, the cd into the dir
- Run `autoconf`
- Run `./configure –enable-shared –with-readline-dir=/usr/local`
- Run `make && sudo make install`
- Add /usr/local/bin to $PATH (most likely in ~/.profile or ~/.bash_profile)
- Run `ruby -v` and ensure it now says version 1.9.1
sudo gem install -v=2.3.5 rails sqlite3-ruby rspec-rails cucumber-rails webrat -v=1.2.3 test-unit database_cleaner
Loading RSpec and Cucumber
In your app..
script/generate rspec script/generate cucumber
Then open features/support/env.rb and comment out line #18 to remove warning when you run cucumber
You should be all set, if not, leave me a comment – I’ll be pretty quick about responding to them.